Hello there beautiful blog readers!
It’s that time of year again, school is starting back up and everyone is ready to seize the day with enthusiasm! Well maybe not everyone… but a few of you are!
For those of you who are not so excited, or who just need a little inspiring boost for this week I collected a few of my favorite inspiring quotes! And if you love them as much as I do jot them down on some note cards and post them on your desk, or in your office break room! Inspiring words help me get through the day, I hope these do the same for you!
“The time to be awesome is now” -Kid President
“Life begins at the end of your comfort zone”
“Be kind and compassionate and the whole world will be your friend”
“You don’t have to better than everyone else. You should strive to be better than you ever thought you could be.”
“Your life is your message to the world. Make sure it’s inspiring.”
“Bloom where you are planted”
“I will hold my self to a standard of grace, not perfection”
“When you are down to nothing God is up to something”
“Happiness is not a sate to arrive at, but a manner of traveling”
“What sets you apart may seem like a burden, but it’s not, and most of the time it’s what makes you great.”- Emma Stone
What are some of your favorite quotes?
If I were rich I would buy The Cowboy a million ATVs and dirt bikes and other things with motors to thank him for the other night.
Lately I’ve been super homesick and overwhelmed with life. But not anymore! Well I’m still homesick but unless my family all comes and visits me in the middle of nowhere that won’t stop.
The other day The Cowboy told me during work that he had a special night planned. Not going to lie to you that made me nervous. But I got home and jumped in the shower to relax while he started preparing everything. When I got out of the shower The Cowboy had laid out a dress for me to wear on our bed with the following note.
I was tickled pink! Ladies, could he be more perfect!?
After a little bit The Cowboy escorted me to the dinning room, which he cleaned up and decorated.
He made us an amazing lemon peppered chicken, with seasoned baked potatoes, fried veggies, and rice! I really need to get his recipe to share with you guys!
After dinner we watched Disney’s Cool Running. It was so nice to just relax in our home together. Although it’s been a few weeks it’s still odd to be in a different house, but it felt like home that night when I went to bed.
I am so blessed to call The Cowboy my husband, thank you dear for taking such good care of me XOXO
I can’t believe it’s only been a month! I feel as though The Cowboy and I have been together forever, it’s amazing living with your best friend. In honor of our one month of being married I decided to share with all of you what happened the night The Cowboy asked me to be his girlfriend. After bouncing my idea off him to blog our story he proclaimed he should tell it because I wouldn’t tell it right.
So here ya go folks’ the story of love, passion, the feeling of puking, and a bunch of other stuff told by The Cowboy.
My name is The Cowboy, and I’m delighted to finally be able to share one of my absolute favorite memories from Stephanie and I’s relationship! And let me tell ya… I have been sworn to secrecy for almost 2 years up to now to not share this; so I am literally beaming with excitement!
So let’s jump right in and let me set up the scene for you! It’s November 11th, 2012. The temperature is about 38 degrees, the moon is out with scattered clouds, and I have just arrived back from a promo trip to Indianapolis (where I got to ask her Dad for permission to date her and he said yes). I grab my bags, throw them in the back of my pick up, jump in my truck, and turn the key to hear the engine roar to life. (Now let me just say, there just ain’t a sound quite as sweet as a 5.3 Vortec with flowmasters roaring to life! Right guys?) I throw it in gear and race back to the apartments to pick up my (hopefully) soon to be girlfriend. As I pull in to the parking lot with my tail pipes poppin and radio rockin “A Country Boy Can Survive,” Stephanie runs out and jumps in. (She could always here my old truck so I never had to go in and get her lol.)
Ecstatic to see each other, we take off down the road to one of my favorite spots on the creek to just have some time to talk about our trip (or so I wanted her to think). So we get down to the creek and park where we can see the moonlight on the water. I have romantic country music playing in the background and proceed in to a dialogue of telling her how her Dad said yes. At this point I’m excited and she’s excited and we’re nose to nose as I lean in to kiss her as I ask her out… I pop the minor question (Not the marriage question) and she says yes! We immediately lock lips for the first time. Let me tell ya, to me it was like fireworks are bursting in the air, the angels are singing, and the moment couldn’t get any better until…
(Let me just pause here to say that in her defense it was a rush of sensation and excitement, and in the words of Lightning McQueen, “I create feelings in others that they themselves don’t fully understand” lol. With that said, time to continue!)
…the moment couldn’t get any better until… we unlock lips, look deep in to each other’s eyes and she yells out… I LOVE YOU! And BOOM we lock lips again lol. This time instead of a romantic moment it’s out of awkwardness of what do I say lol. I can tell she immediately regrets it and for a split second I don’t know whether to run or to laugh it off lol. (A little inside information: Previous to this I usually told my high school aged youth students that if a girl tells you she loves you on the first date that you should probably run or risk being tied up in her basement for the rest of your life so no one else can have you lol) As I think about it and we finally unlock lips for the 2nd time and make awkward eye contact I precede to say the following, “Steph… Those are very special words and I… I just want to make sure that we say them at a time when we mean it with our whole heart and not just caught up in the moment…” Boom, nailed it! (Or so I thought) As I would find out a little while later there was nothing I could have done to make her feel un-awkward. Turns out as we gave each other an awkward kind of AG side hug and headed back to the apartments, it was all she could do not to puke all over me lol.
Well as you know the rest is history. It goes to show that God has a sense of humor and where usually you would run or risk living life as someone’s bound up shotgun husband, I ended up with the most beautiful, amazing, and wonderful Bride a man could ask for. And for those (probably just the men out there) that are wondering, I unfortunately sold my old pick up… Sad I know but let’s focus on the fun side and the happily ever after of what that awkward moment created!
There you have it folks! I couldn’t have told it better myself, isn’t The Cowboy too cute!? I should have him guest post more often!
Can you believe how fast summer has gone? It’s the end of July and note books, and pens are already filling Walmart’s aisles. I cannot express to you how excited my heart is to not be returning to school in Augusts. (cue happy dance)
Besides my excitement for not returning to school in August there’s many other, and more exiting thing, to share with you! So without further adieu another Catch Up Tuesday!
1. It’s crazy moving! Yes it’s true, but I think it’s crazier to unpack! I’ve been unpacking box and box t his past week making our Homestead a little more comfortable. Here’s a little look-see at what it looked like when I began the day after our honeymoon. It looks a LOT better now, but what kind of blogger would I be if I didn’t dedicate multiple posts to each room to show case it?
2. Besides unpacking The Cowboy & I have also been cooking up a storm, since there’s no fast food close enough for weekly meals, we cook almost every dinner. And let me tell you it’s been fun! We’ve had homemade tortellini, pizza, cheesy bread, steak, burgers, and more! Follow me on Instagram for all the yummy photos!
3. The Cowboy took me on a hot date this past weekend to the drive in! We couldn’t make it through the double feature because The Cowboy was exhausted from work and I was tired with no good excuse. The new Planes movie was adorable though and The Cowboy & I both give it a thumbs up!
4. And just in case this is your firsts time here, or you’ve just been out of the loop The Cowboy & I are officially hitched and what not. That’s been super fun, we’ve been working on switching my name over and that’s been a little less fun but at least I get to see my best friend every day now!
You Might Have Missed
Stop & Listen
Well Hello There
The Craft & Inexpensive $15 Home Address Sign Tutorial
12 Favorite Love Quotes
What have you been up to this summer?
It’s been so long my friends!
I have so much to say and so many pictures to show I have no idea how I’m going to tell you all at once!
Currently I’m sitting in McDonalds typing this up because we don’t have internet yet, this is the main reason my posts have come to a snail crawl, but as soon as we have internet expect some exciting things! Today here’s some highlights you might have missed…
1. I am officially married to The Cowboy as of July 12th 2014! It’s an amazing feeling to know I’m at the beginning of an adventure with my best friend that’s going to last FOREVER! I cannot wait to post more photos of the wedding so you can share in my excitement. A huge thank you is in order to everyone who put so much work into making the big day a hit, and an extra special thank you to my Mom for helping me make all the DIY projects and keeping me sane.
2. The Disney honeymoon was amazing! It would not have been amazing if it wasn’t for our spectacular travel agent, go check her out! It’s truly a magical place there, we took over 3,000 photos and ate at least 6 steaks! Don’t worry more pictures will be posted soon! I did end up with some nasty blisters, and there was a six hour delay on the way home, but other than those details the honeymoon was a blast!
3. As of July 19th I am now living in the middle of rolling hills, 30 min from town. The Homestead is filled to the brim with brown boxes and I’m slowly making headway on unpacking and settling in. So far the kitchen and living room are looking less like a bachelor pad and more like a home. Have no fear Homestead Highlights will be coming your way!
4. Tonight is my first night co-leading the 7th graders at church with The Cowboy and I’m extremely excited. God has blessed us with this great opportunity to pour into young students lives and it’s such an honor, plus we have some pretty awesome ideas in store.
Like I said there’s too much to say in one blog post but one thing is for sure, I’m completely blessed to have such an amazing family, and to be added into another amazing family. Plus I have the best husband around, things are about to get crazy here and I cannot wait!
What have you been up to this summer?!
I hope you all had a wonderful holiday weekend, I know I sure did!
So many fun things happened this past week I could probably write three or four of these posts!
1) At the beginning of the week I got to watch my little cousin kick butt at her swim meet. To be honest I don’t really understand all the rules in swimming but she seemed excited so I assume it went well.
2) Our area had a bad storm sweep through knocking one of our trees down. Praise God it didn’t fall on any cars or houses.
3) I started packing for the move, and honeymoon. Thought I would share this picture with you so you can see how crazy being almost married looks, don’t let those other brides fool you.
4) And of course all things 4th of July happened this past week! Since the 4th is my families favorite holiday I could not simply share one photo, what kind of blogger would I be if I did that?!
You Might Have Missed
Happy 4th of July– ‘Merica!
4th Of July Treats– These are so yummy, and easy too!
DIY: Framed American Flag– Such an easy DIY to show how patriotic you are!
Salty Caramel Iced Coffee– Cannot wait to try this delicious looking drink
Farm DIY: How to Paint Crisp Lines With No Bleed + A Chalk Board Wall– Love this idea
20 Ways To Say I Love You– Such a fun list!
In other news The Cowboy and I are getting hitched in THREE DAYS! No big deal…
What did your holiday weekend look like?
Happy ‘Merica Day!
This is it, the day that changed America!
Bring on the fair food, the corn dogs and frozen bananas. Pull up a chair and watch the fireworks, and parades, and enjoy time with friends and family!
I hope you all have a safe and fun holiday weekend!
What are you doing for the 4th? Do you have any traditions? I would love to hear about them, leave a comment below!